Saturday's Field Hockey Recap
- Swarthmore wins convincing season-opener against Virginia Wesleyan
- Preseason nationally-ranked Rowan tops Haverford
- Muhlenberg falls to Elizabethtown
- Eastern Mennonite puts Dickinson record at 1-1
- Bryn Mawr loses tough overtime battle with College of Notre Dame (Md.)
- Washington College loses close one to DePauw University
SWARTHMORE, Pa. - The Swarthmore College field hockey team (1-0) opened the 2011 season with a convincing 6-2 victory over Virginia Wesleyan (0-1) on Saturday afternoon at Clothier Field.
GLASSBORO, N.J. - The Rowan University field hockey team scored the game's final three goals to defeat visiting Haverford College, 5-4, in non-conference match-up Saturday afternoon.
BALTIMORE, Md. - Bryn Mawr College loses overtime battle with the College of Notre Dame after the Gators score with 7:07 remaining.
ELIZABETHTOWN, Pa. - Senior Brittany DeAngelis moved into a tie for fourth place in school history when she recorded the 12th defensive save of her career in Muhlenberg's 0-5 lose to Elizabethtown Saturday afternoon.
CARLISLE, Pa. - The Dickinson College field hockey team rallied from a 3-1 deficit but could not catch visiting Eastern Mennonite University, falling 3-2 in non-conference play.
LYNCHBURG, Va. - DePauw University scored twice in the second half to rally for a 2-1 non-conference field hockey win over Washington College.